Monday had pain in tooth. Tuesday the pain was unbearable. Dentist prescribed pain meds and Amoxicilian, 500 mgs, 3x day. I had a re-root canal on the #3 tooth on Thursday. They filled the crown with a temporary filling. Friday, there was just a little pain, mostly from where they gave me the shots to numb. Now, it is Saturday afternoon and the pain is alot worse. The pain is localized to the tooth that just had the re root canal. The pain is now constant and is almost like the pain on Monday. It hurts to touch with tongue and put teeth together. Should I wait it out or call the endodontist for stronger antibiotic or is something wrong with the re root canal procedure?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 25 - September - 2011, at 11:28 AM

• You are already taking the antibiotics so give some time to the tooth to heal other wise also the prognosis after reroot canal treatment is not as good as it is when first time root canal treatment is done. if pain is there even afer a week then you can visit your endodotist. till then try to avoid eating from that side and maintain good oral hygeine. For more info on reroot canal treatment you can visit the following link.......http://www.identalhub.com/article_root-canal-re-treatment-304.aspx

Free Dental Consultation