Okay, so a few months ago (about four) I noticed that if I sucked my teeth in and then relaxed one tooth would click. I can’t tell if it’s loose or not, but I think it might be-though it’s very hard to tell. Also, my gums have receded slightly, though not enough to see the root or even have any sensitivity. My gums do bleed somewhat when I floss and sometimes when I brush (though it’s very little and only in one or two areas), though I do brush more aggressively than I probably should be. Everyone is telling me I’m being paranoid and a few of my friends have mentioned that some of their teeth click back and forth as well. From what I’ve googled these can be symptoms of Periodontitis. I’m a freshman in college and I went to the Dentist right before I left (about three months ago) and she mentioned that I had gingivitis but didn’t say anything about loose teeth. I didn’t tell her about the clicking tooth because by that point it had stopped, but now it has started again. I’m going home in a week for fall break and am trying to get my parents to schedule a dentists appointment for me while I’m home but I’m freaking out about whether or not that’s too far away since I’ve now noticed that when I’m drinking something or biting down, I feel pressure on my two front teeth that feels really weird. I brush twice a day and while I don’t floss as much as I should I still floss. . Am I being paranoid or is something really wrong?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Mary Jessen

Mary Jessen 22 - October - 2010, at 21:54 PM

• I think it's time for you to go see hygienist and have a thorough cleaning done. Plaque and tartar (calculus)build up can be causing inflammation or infection. Until u get a chance to go. Be on top of your oral care at home. Brush for 5 minutes and floss. Even if they bleed. Rinse with an OTC fluoride rinse such as ACT.

• Wendy Roberts

Wendy Roberts 22 - October - 2010, at 00:13 AM

• Recently my gums have started to bleed, and i always brush my teeth]. i havnt been to a dentist in 8 years. the other night i woke up in the morning and noticed dried blood on the front of my teeth coming form my gums its never happened before is it something i should be concerned about? does anyone have any advice as to what happening, or any advice on what i should do differently to prevent it? thanks

• Sweety Raymonds

Sweety Raymonds 21 - October - 2010, at 04:41 AM

• Your situation is quiet strange but it does happen sometimes one usually gets used to click their teeth and grind , its just a habit that needs to be avoided. Cavities does pain when you eat something sweet, so you have to get the filling in your teeth to get rid of the problem.you are totally thinking about your teeth therefore you fill each and every part of it, you just need to concentrate on other things to . Go to the dentist and tell him to do something about your cavities, I am sure everything will be fine.

• Rosita Wenny

Rosita Wenny 18 - October - 2010, at 00:26 AM

• I don't know but my teeth is Paining me to the extreme!! Sometimes I it hurts so bad, I would cry for hours! When I went to the doctor, they all say that I have cavities and that I need to floss deeper. I also told them I had jaw clickings and pain and they said that it's nothing. All i know is that the teeths in the back of my mouth and black things on top and my gum fells like its eating away. And on top of that I have a very deep hole in my back tooth and half is broken my tooth is broken off. They insisted on a root canal, but I think i am gonna need more than one and thats a hell of money. It pains especially when I drink something cold with all the other tooths i hate. Also my jaw pains a sometimes and I grine my teeth together. Sometimes in order to open my mouth I have to move my bottom teeths to the opposite of my top tooths and if I dont, my jaw would click loud! I tell people but all say its just my imagination and it will go away.

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 17 - October - 2010, at 10:37 AM

• it does not look like as you have periodontitis but definitely as you have bleeding gums you have gingivitis. You do not have to panick . try to maintain very good oral hygeine and do warm saline rinses. Fix an appointment with your dentist and get the regular cleaning done. For more info ongum diseases you can visit the following link  www.identalhub.com/article_signs-and-symptoms-of-gum-disease-20.aspx

Free Dental Consultation