I had all four of my wisdom teeth out and had stitches on all, 2 days ago and I still have slight bleeding. I have blood tinted saliva, but that's the extent of the bleeding. I was wonder how long this is going to continue. And is it okay to swallow it. I read somewhere using gauze after the bleeding has really slowed actually promotes more bleeding. thank you for any help. I used moist gauze and tea bags initially to stop the bleeding and it has slowed tremendously. But I was wondering if the bleeding that's still occurring will stop on it's own, without gauze. Will this stop soon?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 30 - July - 2010, at 02:46 AM

• Yes, it will stop itsself and its absolutely normal if you have just the blood tinted saliva. It will stop its self with in another day or two. Take care to follow all the instructions given by your dentist and not irritate the extraction socket as it can lead to infection of the extraction socket and the dry socket. For do's and don'ts after extraction you can visit the following link on our website.....http://www.identalhub.com/article_care-after-wisdom-tooth-extraction-258.aspx

Free Dental Consultation