"I have very bad teeth; I have dental fluorosis and soft enamel. I brush twice every day and floss, and use moth wash. but no matter what i still get cavities or my teeth brake when I'm eating. what can i do to stop it."

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 27 - January - 2012, at 02:40 AM

• Excess exposure of fluoride during tooth development can lead to dental fluorosis. Dental fluorosis can be treated with tooth bleaching, microabrasion, composite tooth restorations and dental veneers or crowns depending on severity of problem.  Chances of tooth decay increases with more of sticky and sugary diet and due to plaque and calculus deposits around teeth. Deep pits and fissures and weak enamel can further increase the chance of tooth decay. If teeth are susceptible to tooth decay and fracture, then you can get dental crowns for the teeth. For front teeth, you can opt for porcelain or porcelain fused to metal dental crown and for back teeth; you can opt for porcelain fused to metal dental crown or metallic dental crown. You can visit your dentist for evaluation and treatment. Maintain good oral hygiene to avoid tooth decay and avoid eating too sticky or hard foods which can lead to tooth fracture. Wear a mouth guard before playing any rough sport to avoid tooth damage. For more info on dental crown, refer to……   http://www.identalhub.com/article_when-is-a-dental-crown-needed-267.aspx

Free Dental Consultation