Hi, today I went to the dentist and they cleaned out this small tooth decay. They left a blue filling material around the crowny part of my teeth. When I came home, the blue filling was gone? Is that supposed to happen? Please reply ASAP. Thank you, Linh.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 19 - July - 2011, at 20:25 PM

• If it was a small tooth decay which was cleaned then the dentist must have done the permanent tooth colour filling . To check the fillng the articuating paper is used which can be red or blue in color. that must have given the blue color to the tooth. It goes away by the flushng action of the saliva. Other wise the tooth color filing is of the same shade as the tooth. if it was a temporary one then it should stay till the permanet is doe and for that your dentist must have given you the next apointment. So if you are not feeling any hole with the tongue and it is smooth then it must be the permanent one. For more info on composite restorations you can visit the following link..http://www.identalhub.com/article_procedure-of-composite-restoration-286.aspx

Free Dental Consultation