I have a big problem. My top left wisdom tooth has been hurting really bad. My gums and cheek is swollen and it has.made my jaw very sore and stiff, I cant open my mouth. My throat is sore and it is difficult to swallow. The right side of my mouth hurts really bad also. Ive tried tylonal, aleve, advil, oragel and ambesol. None of this stuff works. My boyfriends dad gave me some hydrcodones and some antibiotics that he had left over. I know your not supposed to share medicine but I dont have insurance or money to go to a dentist. Ive been turned down alot because of that. But ive been takung those for 3 days and it dont stop the pain. Just outs me to sleep. I have fever and bad headaches and its just getting worse and worse. :( what do I do?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 23 - May - 2011, at 19:01 PM

• It looks like as if your wisdom tooth is infected. If it is already erupted in oral cavity then infection can be due to decay and if it is not erupted then it can be impacted. In both the cases after taking antibiotics, you have to get it pulled out. Normally antibiotics start showing any affect after 3 days. So if you cannot go to dentist then you can try dental school near your home where treatment is free sometimes or it will be cheaper as compared to private dentists. If you are feeling pain then you can also go to ER to get meds. For more info on wisdom teeth problems you can read this article... www.identalhub.com/article_understanding-wisdom-teeth-152.aspx

Free Dental Consultation