The problem is white spots on front teeth likely from trauma ( not fl0ride or cavity )on 17 year old. Will ICON help? I am not sure of bonding since his teeth have to last a life time ( they are very good teeth without cavities) I would appreciate answers to these questions. Veneers are out of the question eventhough that is the answer I get from every dentist.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 31 - December - 2011, at 00:48 AM

• White spots on teeth can be because of demineralization of enamel or can be there because of enamel hypoplasia. Trauma to developing tooth bud can lead to white spots on teeth. If demineralization of enamel is cause of white spots on teeth, then tooth structure can be remineralized with fluoride application or fluoride rinses. If white spots are because of hypocalcification, then dental bonding, lumineers, veneers or dental crowns are required to mask the damage. Dental bonding with composite restoration can be done but it may fall off after some time and then it needs to be re-done. You can get dental lumineers, veneers or dental crowns in case of enamel hypoplasia. For more info on enamel hypoplasia, refer to….    http://www.identalhub.com/article_enamel-hypoplasia-370.aspx

Free Dental Consultation