I have a massive toothache... actually its not so much the tooth its more the gums around it. I started having pain a few days ago but until this morning it was bearable with some tylenol. It is not starting to swell right abouve the tooth on the inside of my mouth, I am pregnant so I need to know how much this sounds like an infection and what to do about it. As I do not have dental insurance If this is something that will go away with time I dont really want to go into a dentist unless its serious.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 06 - September - 2011, at 11:03 AM

• If the pain is in the gums and the tooth is not decayed then the pain can be because of the infection in the gums. If it is so then doing warm saline rinse 2 to 3 times a day along with maintaining very good oral hygeine will give you the relief. But if the tooth is decayed and is causng food impaction and there is pain then you have to go to the dentist to get it restored. As you are pregnant you have to give the proper history to the dentist and he will do the treatment accordingly. if you do not have the insurance then you can visit some dental school near your area where the treatment is good and ecoomical. For more info on gum diseases you can visit the following link.. http://www.identalhub.com/article_dental-procedures-and-pregnancy-188.aspx

Free Dental Consultation