I haven't been to the dentist since I was about 15. I am worried about my teeth mostly my two front teeth. It almost looks like its chipped from the top of the gums to along the side. Some the of the white of my teeth is gone. I am not sure what it means. I plan on going to the dentist soon. I would like to know if there anything I can do for it until then. It is very sensitive to cold or sweet stuff. I brush my teeth but i am almost afraid to everyday.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 24 - June - 2011, at 19:31 PM

• The front teeth near the gum line are not chipped but abraided or eroded. It is called cervical abrasion. It is mostly due to faulty brushing. Either the brush is very hard or brushing technique is not proper. In this enamel wears off exposing the dentine which is underlying layer. Dentine is darker in color and is very sensitive to hot and cold sensation. So your dentist will take xray to see the extent of wearing and if it is not very deep then composite built up will be done. Till you visit the dentist you can be careful in brushing. Donot choose hard brush, use soft brush gently with proper brushing technique. You can use some desensitising tooth paste also. For more info on this you can read this article... www.identalhub.com/article_types-of-tooth-wear-215.aspx

Free Dental Consultation