I had a tooth extracted about 18 months ago. About 4 weeks ago I noticed a very sore tender spot under my jaw (where the tooth was extracted) when I accidently touched it - other than that I would not have known there was a problem. The pain only occurs when I touch the spot, and there is a very slight swelling as well. I have no pain other than that and can open and close my mouth without difficulty. What could this be?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 11 - February - 2011, at 10:48 AM

• There is no reasons from swelling and pain as tooth is extracted 18 monhts back and there was no complication afterwards as suggested by you, if the tooth is not broken and come out as one piece. You have to go to dentist and get the xray done to see whether any tooth piece is left in side. If it is not so then may be some other infection that has develped in that region or some ulseration is there. Clinical examination will only help in making diagnosis. So schedule an appointment asap. For more ino on problems aftertooth extraction you can read this article ....... www.identalhub.com/article_problems-after-removal-of-wisdom-teeth-254.aspx

Free Dental Consultation