Hello. Recently I'm having serious pain with my mouth overall, because of the 'Wisdom tooth' which i figured out, it is coming up. It keeps hurting non-stop(while I'm eating, drinking, talking, brushing teeth...). I wanna know how long this pain gonna last. If it's in regular position of coming out, should I tolerate the pain. Or should I take any pain reliever?! If I decide to visit my dentist is there anything that I should say to him, just in case. Awaiting reply, Thanks.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 01 - February - 2012, at 00:50 AM

• Wisdom tooth eruption can lead to pain. If wisdom teeth are impacted that is there is not enough space for wisdom tooth to erupt, then it causes pain which may also be radiating to head. Impacted wisdom tooth can also cause swelling of the gums and jaws and can lead to crowding of front teeth. Wisdom teeth are last teeth to come and are susceptible to infections so if they are impacted, infected or are causing any other problem, then they are pulled out. Wisdom teeth don’t aid in mastication and if they are infected, then they are removed. You can visit your dentist for evaluation. Your dentist will take an x-ray to determine the position of wisdom tooth and if they are impacted, then they can be removed. By the time you visit your dentist, you can do warm saline rinses to reduce swelling of gums around erupting wisdom tooth and some pain relief. You can apply orajel or can take otc pain med if pain is very severe. Avoid eating from side of erupting wisdom tooth and maintain good oral hygiene. Food accumulates in relation to erupting wisdom tooth will aggravate the pain. For more info on wisdom teeth, refer to……  http://www.identalhub.com/dental-frequently-asked-questions-about-wisdom-teeth-920.aspx

Free Dental Consultation