Ive had a root canal 3 weeks ago I had severe pain afterwards and was put on a inflammatory drug while it ease the pain a bit i still have ALOT of soreness or sensitivety in the tooth especially after i tap it or touch it with my finger! Is that normal? Something just doesent feel quite right! My tooth just feels weird and very sore! Im suppose to go nextt week to get a crown! Will they do a exray and find out if something is wrong with my tooth before the crown? Will a exray show why im still having soreness in thatt tooth? Sometimes i even have a dull throbbing ache n that tooth and it shoots out my ear! this is the 2nd time I ve had a root canal n the same tooth! Should I be worried about having to have a 3rd roiot canal n this tooth? GEEZ Im so aggravated with all this pain and soreness and the time wasted with all the procedures not to mention the MONEY that i have forked out on these root canals Can u help me with these questions please?? Thank u

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 05 - May - 2010, at 20:31 PM

• If pain and sensitivity is there even after 3 weeks of getting re-root canal treatment, then it can be infection, which may be left. The success rate of re-root canal treatment is quite less as compared to first root canal. You should not get the permanent crown fixed, till you are comfortable with tooth and it is symptom free. When you visit your dentist for crown, he will take xray to see the cause of pain and if infection is still there then he will do the treatment accordingly. Dentist can do some external test also like percussion of the tooth to find out the prognosis of the tooth. For more info on re-root canal, you can read the following article in our website and if you have still question then you can post the answer in the forum and our dentists will answer you there. www.identalhub.com/article_root-canal-re-treatment-304.aspx

Free Dental Consultation