Okay so to day I was eating an apple and my permanent retainer (which is on my bottom teeth) came off. It was poking the side of my cheek so I had to have my dad cut it off with wire cutters. There was still half of it left but eventually fell off. Now I have the cement still on my teeth, which is cutting my toung with the sharp edges. It is very uncomfortable and I want to know how to get it off. I cant got to my ortho because I'm out of state for a whole month! What can I do till then?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 21 - July - 2011, at 19:03 PM

• The cement which is used to fix the permanent retainers cannot be removed by yourself as it is quite hard and bound to the tooth. You have to get it removed from dentist and for that if you cannot go to your orthodontist then you can get it done from any general dentist  available nearby. This problem can easliy fixed by a general dentist. For your  fixed retainers you have to go to your orthodontist when possible at an early time and get the retainers refixed from him. For more info on retainers after braces you can read this article.. http://www.identalhub.com/dental-permanent-bonded-retainers-after-braces-744.aspx

Free Dental Consultation