I have delevoped some black stains on the backs of two of my front teeth. I have a cleaning again in a few months but wondered if there's anything I can do until then to help the stains go away. I have tried home remedies like baking soda and hydrogen peroxide with no results and a lot if frustration as what to do now. I am worried the stains will set deeper into my teeth or become where they can't be removed before my next cleaning. Can you give me any advice as to what I should do?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 14 - June - 2011, at 19:50 PM

• The black stains on the back teeth are mostly because of deposits. So it is difficult to remove them with self procedures. In this you have to get the cleaning done from dentist because till the deposits are removed the stains will not go. Baking soda and hydrogen peroxide have effect on stains on the front of the teeth which are basically because of food items like coke, coffiee. You can just brush your teeth properly and can avoid having more deposits and hence the stains. For more info on removal of stains with SCRP you can read this article... www.identalhub.com/dental-why-root-scaling-and-planning-is-good--716.aspx

Free Dental Consultation