For the last two days, whenever i sleep on my Left side, i wake up with severe pain in my gums right behind my last left molar nd around it. The appearance is swollen and this morning, the top part of the "gum" area behind my molar looked bruised. After i woke up, i tried to move my mouth in efery direction thinking maybe i did something in my sleep to two nights in a row but i couldnt reproduce the pain. That area is still sore. After i would wake up in pain and go to sleep on the other side, the pain on the left would slowly ease down. What do you think is going on?

Leave Comment

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 28 - February - 2011, at 20:02 PM

• You may have a decayed or infected tooth on the left side . The pain on lying down is the typical symptom of an infected tooth .The tooth must have chronic infection that is why there is no pain when you get up but it is there when you lie down. You should go to the dentist and get the X-ray done to confirm the diagnosis. If it is the infected tooth then you have to get the root canal treatment done. For more info on root canal treatment you can visit the following

Free Dental Consultation