I did a root canal on my front tooths #7 and #8. When my dentist placed the permanent paste together with my real tooth, I guess he didn't measure up the right angles and now it is unstraight and sticking out, making it really noticeable when I smile. Is there anything I can do now to fix this? He said it's impossible to reshape the crown.

Leave Comment


  • Dr.Ritz

    Dr.Ritz 16 - June - 2011, at 20:00 PM

  • If you are not satisfied with crowns then you have to get them remade as once the crowns are fixed in the mouth it is not possible to alter them. Your dentist can remove them and get them reshaped. If the crowns donot come out easily them he has to section them to take them out and get new ones made. Normally before cementing the crowns especially for front teeth, the dentists do the trial and if the patient is satisfied only then they are cemented. So you can discuss your problem with dentist and he can find out some solution for this. For more info on crowns you can read this article.... www.identalhub.com/article_procedure-for-crown-placement-270.aspx

Free Dental Consultation