Hi My upper jaw is heavily unaligned and there is a large popping displacement when I open wide. However I don't have pain - I have an intense distress feeling along with shortness of breath - like I'm choking. I am burping a lot - and I think it's connected to being forced to swallow due to the gland being triggered upon the discomfort. My biggest problem is the acute confusion. When I move my lower jaw to the left or right and try repeating a number in my head, as a test, the differences in clarity is incredible. I first realised this when I was vibrate massaging my lower jaw - trying to push it over slightly to the left - afterwards I felt great and very clear. I then mistakenly pushed it over to the right for a few minutes - I could not think at all - stuttering and very dizzy and lightheaded. I thought it was the vibrating of the massaging - however I vibrated it back to the left for a few minutes and I regained my clear thinking and feeling good. This lasts only a short while. Just yesterday I realized that if I just push the back section of my right upper jaw to the right - I can think clearly (for a few minutes) I also can breathe deeper without restriction (burping is decreased also) (visibly it is sticking out to the left about 1 cm). If I push it the other way my head is like its turned off. I get such an intense feeling of distress - I shake my head trying to get rid of it and its like I'm going to pass out. Its not a pain feeling but if I keep my lower jaw over to the right I can start shaking - like I'm in panic mode. I should also say when I burp its like I the discomfort pressure subsides and I feel like I can think clearer - but I burp every 14 seconds and that pressure is always building as I breathe. Even just exhaling brings on the distress feeling more so. So my problem is the upper jaw and my symptoms are acute confusion with distress. Its not a good combo :)... I have done hardly anything these last few months as I struggle to think, socially I suffer and my life has gone into chaos with constant distressed and acute confusion - I was seriously thinking about not going to my mums wedding due to the distress. I don't know what it is but perhaps its affecting a nerve that regulates breathing - choking feeling? Or its suppressing a blood vessel? I haven't seen a dentist yet in years - I am trying to get to one as soon as possible but I've been out of work so I'd love any thoughts you have and how serious you think it is. Every day is a struggle so your help is greatly appreciated! Thanks

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 04 - July - 2010, at 19:38 PM

• Normally whenever you have this sort of problem it is not with the upper jaw but the lower jaw as the upper jaw is fixed it cannot move . There is no joint in the upper jaw. It is the lower jaw which opens or closes or goes to right or left. The lower joint articultes with the upper jaw with a joint called as the TMJ joint. If there is any trauma or infection in that region it can cause problem in opening and closing of the mouth . For this you have to visit the dentist. For more info on TMJ disorders you can visit the following link on our website.....http://www.identalhub.com/article_understanding-thermomandibular-joint-tmj-192.aspxwww.identalhub.com/article_understanding-thermomandibular-joint-tmj-192.aspx

Free Dental Consultation