hello,im not sure where to start but i have problems with my teeth. i havent been to the dentist for a few years since im afraid and also not sure if i can afford the work that i need to get done! im having problems with by back teeth, 2 of them r broken,which means i would need a replacement!i havent been able to eat normal and im very embarrassed and would like to see what my options are!i hope you can help me. thank you

Leave Comment

• dr ritz

dr ritz 28 - September - 2011, at 02:23 AM

• Shyambeer, pyrrhoea is a gum disease which is associated with deep periodontal pocket and gum infection. To treat pyrrhoea, it is very important that you brush and floss regularly and maintain good oral hygiene. To treat the condition, deep cleaning or gum surgery may also be required. Don't neglect the problem and consult your dentist to get treatment done. Severe gum infection can also lead to loosening of teeth. You can also do warm saline rinses for some relief.

• shyambeer narwaria

shyambeer narwaria 28 - September - 2011, at 02:12 AM

• dear sir i have problem in my teeth ,i am suffering from pyria what should i do ,should i take a little treatment or more plz suggest me

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 28 - September - 2011, at 01:57 AM

• You need to get your teeth restored before they break further and cause any more complications. Your dentist will do clinical examination and will take an x-ray and will discuss treatment plan with you.  If the teeth are broken, then root canal treatment followed by capping can be done to save the tooth. If there is loss of much of tooth structure, then post and core followed by capping is given to the patient. Post and core will provide strength to the tooth.  You can get metallic or porcelain fused to metal (PFM) capping for back teeth. If there is vertical crack line present on the tooth or if tooth is broken from the cervical portion of the root, then tooth may also have to be removed. If the tooth is to be extracted, then you can get it replaced with either dental implants or bridges. Dental implants are the best option for replacement of missing teeth. To have healthy teeth and to avoid any dental problems, it is important that you visit a dentist frequently for dental check ups. You can ask your friends or colleagues or can browse on net to know about a good dentist in your area. Before undergoing any treatment, you can enquire about the cost of particular procedure from your dentist. Dental insurances cover 60-70% of dental treatment cost for many procedures. You really don’t have to worry about pain and discomfort during procedure. Dentistry is no longer painful these days and if you are afraid about procedure, then it can be done under conscious sedation like laughing gas. There is nothing to be embarrassed if you have broken teeth. Visit your dentist asap before it causes more pain and discomfort. By that time, you can avoid eating from that side and can do warm saline rinses for some relief. Maintain good oral hygiene by brushing and flossing regularly to have healthy teeth and avoid gum infections. For more info on root canal treatment, you can refer to following article….  http://www.identalhub.com/article_what-is-root-canal-therapy-rct-102.aspx

Free Dental Consultation