my daughter is 18 years old had her wisdom teeth removed may 17. she went back for follow up was still having pain. we thought it was ears took her to doctor no ear infection. she said it feels like her gums are throbing and her ears hurt the pain medication did not help and advils are not helping tonight in major pain. what could be wrong no dentist open for the weekend. Should I taker her to the er have xrays done.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Jaspreet

Jaspreet 17 - November - 2010, at 22:20 PM

• My wisdom tooth removed before 3 days, I still feel sever pain. I can't sleep at night too. This tooth half eaten by insect, so doctor removed it difficult. Now tylenol 3 does not give me any relief. After this tooth my new wisdom tooth also coming , it is infected. Please tell me what I do now. I need to remove this wisdom tooth too. Thanks

• josh

josh 03 - September - 2010, at 04:44 AM

• If your instructions tell you to, doing the hot salt water rinses will help the soreness a lot. You need to keep the ice thing going for another day or so yet. That will help keep the swelling down. Unfortunately, there is little that can be done about the stitches, it's something you're just going to have to deal with but the hot salt water rinses will make the incisions less sore. If he/she didn't give you any pain medication, you can take Advil or the generic as directed on the bottle. That's usually 2 tablets every 4 hours not to exceed a certain number. If you need something stronger, you need to contact the dentist.

• simran

simran 03 - September - 2010, at 04:29 AM

• It's my 2nd day. Yesterday I had the surgery. I've been putting ice on both of my cheeks. My bottom two are really heavy. It feels really uncomfortable. They hurt too. Ice packs helps, but they turn hot really fast. The stitches are bothering me as well. What can I do to make them more comfortable?

• Miss Jenny

Miss Jenny 03 - September - 2010, at 01:52 AM

• Since the roots were more curved in the wisdom tooth ,the dentist has to remove more bone to loosen the roots.so more bone removal means more trauma to bone and prolonged healing. start doing warm salt water rinses 4-5 times/day for 1 week. this will increase the blood flow to the bone and fasten healing.

• tim

tim 03 - September - 2010, at 01:46 AM

• I got two of my wisdom teeth out a little over a week ago. On my left side, the dentist said that the root was "tangled"/whatever you want to call it with the roots of my back teeth and I'm guessing had to be pretty vigorous to get it out. The pain in my gums has receded to the point that I don't need pain meds for that anymore, but I've had a toothache (on the left side) that doesn't seem to be going away and is making it very hard to chew. I'm wondering if this toothache stuff is pretty normal or if I should be worried that the pain seems to be taking longer than average (from other people I've talked to) to go away. When I went to get my stitches out, the dentist didn't seem to worried about it. However, there have been other factors about the procedure that are making me doubt her credibility...

Free Dental Consultation