I had acrown put in and since then, my teeth are sensitive, dicoloration, red swoollen gums, and swollen lip. My dentist says it is a side effect from my perscription, but my doctor says it isnt. All I am using is prevident 5000. What could it possible be? And what can I try to use? Thank You

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 02 - July - 2012, at 23:59 PM

• Sandra having pain about a week after the crown is an alarming signal. You didnt mention whether the tooth is Root Canal Treated or not .If it is root canal treated and u have pain on biting n chewing then u definitely need to see ur dentist and get clinical examination done along with Xray because ur symptoms suggest that either there is infection or the root canal filling is not done properly. If the root canal treatment is not done then the pain is due to infection in the tooth that is crowned.So in that case u need to get RCT done.

• sandra

sandra 02 - July - 2012, at 21:29 PM

• I had a crown done about a week ago and i am in so much pain, is it usual for someone to have so much pain, i have an appointment with my dentist on thursday, what should i tell him, it seems that my bite is terrible. HOW Long does the pain last, i wished i had done my research before i would have extracted the tooth, i still have to do another crown, should i

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 26 - April - 2010, at 19:17 PM

• You have not mentioned whether the tooth which is crowned is Root Canal Treated or not. If it is not Root Canal Treated then the swelling pain and redness of gums is because of the infection in the tooth which is crowned. Normally, first we do root canal treatment and then crown the tooth and then one does not face any problem. But if your tooth is already root canal treated then may be it is root canal failure or some other tooth is infected. You have to visit the dentist and get the xray done. These symptoms cannot be because of prevident 5000 untill unles you are allergic to it, which is very unlikely and it is difficult to comment without clinical examination. For more info on crowns you can read this article from our website www.identalhub.com/article_problems-after-crown-placement-272.aspx

Free Dental Consultation