I recently received a gold veneer crown (approx. 8 weeks ago). The tooth is extremely sensitive to temperature (cold and hot), persistent dull pain (especially when I chew on that side), there is a sharp ridge on the outside of the crown, and a constant metallic taste in my mouth. I did not have any of these symptoms prior to the procedure. I went back to have an adjustment and the doctor had concluded that my symptoms were related to anxiety. Coincidentally, the temporary crown caused bleeding sores on my tough & cheek. The temporary had to be adjusted quite a bit. The doctor then claimed I did not bite down correctly during the procedure. I am obviously questioning the quality of the dental care I received. I am reluctant to go back to the same dentist for more corrective procedures and pay more money on a tooth that has already drained the bank. I am concerned having another adjust could effect the integrity of the veneer. What can I do?

Leave Comment

Comments

• axkme

axkme 29 - May - 2012, at 10:02 AM

• I had a crown put on my lower rear bicuspid on my right side more than 3 weeks ago. It still feels weak, can it be strengthened?

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 31 - May - 2010, at 19:57 PM

• There should not be any pain, hot & cold sensation after 8 weeks of crown if the tooth is Root Canal Treated. If it is not Root Canal Treated then you have to get the Root Canal Treatment done. The dental crown should not be sharp. If it is sharp then it needs adjustment. If you are not satisfied with your dentist then you can have second opinion as normally dental crowns donot cause any problems and maximum they need are 2-3 adjustments and they settle down in 7-10 days. However deifinite diagnosis can only be made after clinical examination. For more info on dental crowns complications, you can browse the following link in our website... www.identalhub.com/article_problems-after-crown-placement-272.aspx

Free Dental Consultation