I have trouble on one side of my mouth. Eventually, I will have the back three teeth missing on one side. What can be done? I dont want an implant. Seems impossible to get a bridge or partial because it cant clamp on to anything. It can clamp to a tooth forward, but the back has nothing, the back three are gone.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 20 - January - 2012, at 01:40 AM

• If prognosis of teeth is poor and teeth are unrestorable, then teeth extraction is done. After teeth extraction, missing teeth needs to be replaced. Missing teeth if not replaced can lead to misalignment of adjacent teeth and can lead to supraeruption of teeth of opposing arch and can further lead to various periodontal complications. Missing teeth can be replaced with dental implants or dental bridge or partial dentures. For three back missing teeth, dental implants or fixed bridge anchored to dental implants can be given to the patient. Partial denture can also be given for back teeth replacement but it will not offer same stability and function as dental implants. Partial dentures can be made of metal or plastic and will be uncomfortable to use. There are no other alternatives. You can visit your dentist for evaluation and treatment. For more info on missing teeth replacement, refer to……   http://www.identalhub.com/dental-need-for-replacement-of-missing-teeth-883.aspx

Free Dental Consultation