I have A front tooth that was been bonded twice since i was a kid. recently it has been giving me alot of pain and in the sun light looks like it is cracked down the middle. what are my options

Leave Comment

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 12 - January - 2012, at 03:52 AM

• Cracked tooth causes pain on chewing. Treatment of cracked tooth depends on nature of crack line. If there is horizontal crack line present, then tooth can be restored with composite filling which is tooth colored, esthetic filling material but if pulp is also involved in crack, then root canal treatment followed by dental crown is given for the tooth. Porcelain or porcelain fused to metal dental crown can be given for front tooth.  If there is vertical crack line present or in case of crack line present on cervical portion of the tooth, tooth extraction may also be required. If tooth can’t be restored and tooth extraction is required, then the missing tooth can be replaced with dental implants or dental bridge. Without clinical examination, it is difficult to give definite diagnosis. You can visit your dentist for evaluation. By the time, you visit your dentist, avoid biting from front tooth and maintain good oral hygiene to avoid any secondary infections. For more info on cracked tooth, refer to…..    http://www.identalhub.com/article_signs-and-symptoms-of-the-cracked-tooth-206.aspx

Free Dental Consultation