3 of my back teeth (top & bottom) are crumbling. One upper left far back tooth has ony 1 side left and it is held by the filling, the rest of the tooth is gone and there is a hole there.Can a dentist pull this or will I need an oral surgen? What will happen if the last piece falls off? 2 other teeth are breaking off also. All of my bottom teeth have cavities at the bottom near the gum line. I am 61 years old and have no insurance.What do you reccomend? How much will I expect to pay?

Leave Comment


  • iqbal hussain

    iqbal hussain 19 - May - 2015, at 12:08 PM

  • Crown is best option in interior portion

  • Dr.Ritz

    Dr.Ritz 04 - July - 2011, at 19:22 PM

  • First of all you have to go to dentist and get the diagnosis and treatment plan made to find out how many teeth have to be pulled out or can be restored either by filling or crowns. The teeth which have cavities near the gum line can be restored with composite fillings. According to the treatment plan you have to pay the month. It is better you go to oral surgeon for tooth pullout as the tooth is already broken and it must be brittle also, so pulling out it will be difficult and it is molar and may need surgical extraction. Molar tooth pullout can cost you around $300 -$400 and composite restoration can cost around $100-$200 depending on surfaces requiring filling in each tooth. For more info on cost of  composite restoration you can check this link.. http://www.identalhub.com/article_average-cost-of-dental-filling-449.aspx

Free Dental Consultation