is it possible to get a bad filling? I got two fillings and then 2 wks later both were hurting. I got a root canal on one but I still have pain. I think the dentist hurt my jaw with the needle. the pain comes from my jaw joint and radiates to my ear, face, and teeth. why am I in so much pain 3 wks later?

Leave Comment

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 26 - November - 2010, at 19:54 PM

• Pain after Root Canal Treatment is normal. It can take sometime for the tooth to settle down. It may take 3-4 days or even a week depending on the condition on tooth. Avoid eating from that side and maintain good oral hygiene. If the pain continues even after one week then you should visit your dentist. Sometimes it is because of high filling. The dentist will adjust the bite and you will become comfortable.

• Adele Thompson

Adele Thompson 23 - November - 2010, at 16:14 PM

• I had a root canal on saturday, and i stll have pain in my mouth from it. I am taking pain medication. and using ice or an ice pop. but good this really hurts. i can't eat on the other side yet.

• Petunia Grey

Petunia Grey 20 - October - 2010, at 02:46 AM

• If there is already pain in the tooth before the root canal procedure performed by the dentist , then it is likely to have pain after the root canal treatment.There are enclosed spaces between the teeths where air can expand or contract during the root canal procedure, leading to a sense of feeling that sometimes patients relates to the pain.

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 17 - October - 2010, at 10:44 AM

• Some times after getting the root canal treatment there is pain and the tooth takes some time to adjust but that goes with in a week. If you have pain after 3 weeks then either the root canal is not done properly or your other tooth also needs root canal treatment. For more info on root canal treatment you can visit the following

Free Dental Consultation