I had the nerve deleted from the lower six tooth, a post will be installed. The fifth was deleted itself half a year ago. All the other teeth are still with nerves. My dentist says, I need to crown that tooth. But there exist a lot of techiques to do that e.g. ceramics, metal, false teeth attachement whatever. Could you please suggest what is the best option, taking into consideration the fact, that my teeth are prone to decay.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 25 - July - 2011, at 10:07 AM

• from your question what I can understand is that you had got root canal treatment in a tooth which has less crown structure and need post and core and after that dental crown has to be put. For post and core many options are available like metal post and core or fibre posts are available. These days dentist prefer fibre post and above that a dental crown is given. The dental crown can be PFM or all ceramic. All ceramic crowns give better results as they are more aesthetic but they are costlier than regular PFM crowns. You can discuss the options with your dentist. For more info on post and core you can read this article... http://www.identalhub.com/dental-what-are-pins-and-posts-in-dentistry-757.aspx

Free Dental Consultation