My 2 1/2 year old went t the dentist on 8/25 and had filling and on 2 of her molars had two i am assuming stainless steel caps put on they are silver. This was on Thursday by Saturday shes complaining they hurt and today on Sundays still says they hurt. Should I be concerned or is this common for children this young its not constant pain shes complaining about but every so often and she refused to let me brush her teeth the other night saying it hurts. Any advice would be appreciated

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 29 - August - 2011, at 02:08 AM

• Pain few days after the capping is normal. The pain usually goes in 5-7days. She can do warm saline rinses 3-4 times a day to reduce the pain. She has to brush and floss regularly so that there are no food deposits around the capping.   The soreness usually resides within few days. If the pain persists beyond that, then it could be because of gum infection in that area of the tooth or can be because of infection in the tooth or can be because of pain in some other tooth.  You need to consult your dentist if the pain persists after 1week.  For more info on crowns in children, you can refer to the following article… http://www.identalhub.com/article_crowns-in-children-236.aspx

Free Dental Consultation