After not being to the dentist for a few years I went to have my teeth cleaned. The hygenist scraped 3/4's of my mouth and did not finish the rest and did not do the tooth polish afterwards. She advised me to come back but my insurance only pays for one teeth cleaning every six months. When they don't polish your teeth after scraping them will that put me back to square one in six months when my insurance will pay for another cleaning?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 12 - August - 2011, at 19:57 PM

• Though the insurance pays only once for the cleaning in 6 months but it pays for the procedure not for the sittings. Ideally the cleaning is done in one sitting but if it is not completed in one sitting and the hygeinist is doing it in 2 sittings then that means the ne procedure that is cleaning is being completed in 2 sittings so the insurance will pay for the procedure. The cleaning is not completed till all the teeth are cleaned and polished. You should get the procedure of cleaning completed otherwise the roughness caused by removing the plaque will cause the deposition again if the surfaces are not polished. For more info on dental cleaning you can visit the following link......http://www.identalhub.com/article_healthy-gums-a-mirror-to-healthy-heart-237.aspx

Free Dental Consultation