So it was summer 2009 when i realized my tooth cracked from a sport. I didnt bother with it, because it wasn't bothering nor hurting me. As time went on, i started to see the crack of my tooth become filled with black stuff on the inside. I'm guessing its starting to become a cavity. I'm wondering if it's possible to clean my tooth so no black internal parts are not showing and close my cracked tooth?

Leave Comment

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 02 - January - 2012, at 23:32 PM

• Treatment of cracked tooth depends on tooth which is cracked and nature of crack line which is present. If there is supragingival crack line present and crack line is horizontal, then tooth can be restored. If it is front tooth and pulp is not exposed, then tooth can be restored with dental filling and if it is back tooth, then dental filling or crown is required to restore the tooth. If nerve of the tooth is exposed, then root canal treatment can be done to save the tooth. If there is vertical crack line present or crack line is present on cervical portion of the tooth, then prognosis of tooth is bad and tooth extraction may also be required in some cases. Black stuff in cracked tooth can be because of infection in the tooth. Visit your dentist as early as possible to get treatment done for the cracked tooth. By the time, you visit your dentist, avoid eating from the side of affected tooth and maintain good oral hygiene to avoid secondary infections. For more info on cracked tooth, refer to…..

Free Dental Consultation