have gum infection and antibiotics have quit working... am going to get my wisdom teeth removed and am scared that the antibiotics wont kill the infection in my gums knowing that what can i do... are there stronger forms of antibiotics or am i just S.O.L.? didnt have insurence for many years so was just going to the ER and getting antibiotics 4 the infections and now that i have insurence im going to have this problem takin care of. but am scared at the thought of not being able to fight off the infection and it taking my life so... thankyou for your time

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 24 - April - 2011, at 23:07 PM

• There are vaious types of antibiotics available and you can not be resistant to all of them. You have to tell to your dentist about the antibiotics you are resistant so he will prescribe you the othere which have different salt and to which you are not resistant. So do not worry on that account and get the wisdom tooth extraction done. If you follow all the instructions give by your dentist after getting the extraction then the chances of getting the infection are reduced. For more info on do's and don'ts after tooth extraction you can visit the folowing link....http://www.identalhub.com/article_do's-and-don'ts-after-tooth-extraction-153.aspx

Free Dental Consultation