I am a father of 4 and have been out of work for about 9 months. my wife is the only one who is currently employed and i have 4 wisdom teeth that are rotting out of my head. have been to the E.R. about 15 times in the last few years for anti-biotics and this infection is getting to the point that it is giving me migrains. i cannot afford dental insurence. there is a free dental clinic here in albuquerque but they wont take me unless im homeless, (which at this point im not to far from) and the hospitel wont touch me unless its about to kill me and im getting scared that this is gonna get so bad that its gonna take my life. is there anyone that can help me before its too late? even most sliding scale dentists are a bit pricie for our budget at this point. our monthly income is about 1100 a month and our cost of living is between 1000 and 1050 and thats at bare minimum (no cable, phone, internet. my wife walks 2 and a half miles daily for work cause we cannot afford bus fare) what do i do? running scared

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 08 - October - 2011, at 04:04 AM

• Infected and impacted wisdom teeth can lead to severe pain which may be radiating to head and neck. Only taking antibiotics for the infected teeth will not serve the purpose. You need to get your wisdom teeth removed to remove the infection from the tooth. You can talk to your oral surgeon if you can pay in installments after getting your wisdom teeth removed. You can also approach some of the dental schools near your place where treatment provided is cheap for getting your wisdom teeth removed. Quality of treatment provided by various dental schools is not bad either. Treatment in dental schools is done by dental students but is done under supervision of experienced dentists. By the time, you get your wisdom teeth pulled out, you can do warm saline rinses for some pain relief. Keep the wisdom teeth clean. Any food accumulates in wisdom teeth area can aggravate the pain. For more info on wisdom teeth, you can refer to following article..... http://www.identalhub.com/article_understanding-wisdom-teeth-152.aspx

Free Dental Consultation