Hello, I have had braces for about 3 years now and recently developed gingivitis. I am worried I have a cavity on my back molar. It hurts when I push on it. All my have been sensitive to cold and heat even before I had my braces, so I can't tell by that. I have not been able to have not had x-rays either. Is there anyway my dentist or orthodontist to be able to tell that far back? Also, my mouth is still the size of a child's and it is very hard to get into the back. I am very concerned, because I am waiting for my jaw surgery to be approved and then wait longer to realign my teeth after. Thank you. Meghan McKane

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 27 - June - 2011, at 02:42 AM

• For the  gingivitis you have to maintain very good oral hygeine and if needed you have to get  dental scaling done. For the cavity you have to get the clinical examination done and get the pano done in which the Xray will be done from out side so mouth opening is not the problem. For more info on oral hygeine with braces you can visit the following link.....www.identalhub.com/dental-avoid-gingivitis-in-braces-with-good-oral-hygiene-861.aspx

Free Dental Consultation