when i try to checw on the left side of my mouth it hurts almost like my jaw cant go that far down when i force the bite i get a tightness in my jaw and ear/ what could this be? not much that i can take or do since im 5 months pregnant

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 27 - July - 2011, at 19:11 PM

• There can be many causes. It can be due to TMJ or it can be due to wisdom tooth. If it is TMJ then it can be infection in TMJ or trauma in TMJ. If wisdom tooth is growing but impacted even then you have such symptoms. If wisdom teeth are alread erupted then it can be TMJ problem. For this you have to go to Oral Surgeon who will diagnose the problem and then give the treatment plan. Sometimes doing hot and cold compressions in TMJ area and doing warm saline rinses solves the problem. If it is infection or trauma in TMJ then you have to take meds but those will be prescribed by your dentist after considering your pregnany and diagnosis. For more info on TMJ you can read this article... http://www.identalhub.com/article_what-are-the-signs-and-symptoms-of-tmj-disorder--193.aspx

Free Dental Consultation