I have always had nice, whiteish teeth. Recently I went to a new dentist and since then I have started getting brown stains on my teeth!! They don't come off unless I scrape them with metal tweesers, which can't be good. The stains are only on my front teeth, inside mostly and the outside. Did he scrape off too much enamal during the cleaning? What can't I do to take care of this and prevent the stains in the future?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 22 - January - 2011, at 20:33 PM

• After getting the cleaning done, normally it does not happen but sometimes if after getting cleaning, proper polishing is not done, it leaves the teeth rough and the food particles which normally donot stain the teeth start getting deposited on the rough areas. The roughnes is very minature and cannot be felt with the tounge but still it is enough for bacteria and food particles to get lodged and cause the stains and to avoid this, polishing is done after cleaning. May be in your case, proper polishing is not done. So to avoid getting staining you can get th polishing done. I hope this will take care of your problems. For more info on cleaning you can read this article in our website for this link...  www.identalhub.com/dental-why-root-scaling-and-planning-is-good--716.aspx

Free Dental Consultation