i guess Im having 1 of my wisdom teeth coming out and now theirs a piece of my gumm hanging their is that normal?"

Leave Comment

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 20 - October - 2011, at 00:25 AM

• Due to wisdom tooth eruption, gums around the wisdom tooth may become loose. To avoid loosening of gums and for some pain relief, you can do warm saline rinses 3-4 times a day. Make sure that there are no food accumulates around the wisdom tooth. Food accumulates around the wisdom tooth can aggravate the pain. If there is not enough space left in the mouth, then tooth will become impacted. If tooth is impacted, then it will cause severe pain and swelling of gums and jaw. In case of impacted teeth, tooth extraction is done. Dentist will take an x-ray to see the positioning of wisdom tooth and if they are impacted or are infected or poking the cheeks, then wisdom tooth extraction is done. Wisdom teeth don’t aid in mastication.  Wisdom tooth is the last tooth to come and it is difficult to clean till the wisdom tooth because of which it is more susceptible to infections.  You can get your wisdom tooth pulled out if it is causing any problem. For more info on wisdom teeth, you can refer to following article… http://www.identalhub.com/article_understanding-wisdom-teeth-152.aspx

Free Dental Consultation