I haven't been to the dentist in a year and I know that I have cavities between several teeth because I can see them. 2 teeth are very slightly sensitive, but not to hot or cold. I have a dentist appointment in 5 weeks (due to insurance reasons) and I plan to get them filled then. I do brush and floss my teeth, but I also consume soft drinks regularly. I have stopped that habit recently though. What are the odds of me needing a root canal? Will my cavities be deep?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 03 - August - 2010, at 19:49 PM

• As you do not have any sensitivity to hot and cold sensation the chances of getting the root canal treatment is very less but it is difficult to say so with out seeing the case clinically and with out seeing the X-ray's. The dentist can decide only after that whether the root canal is needed or not. Sometimes in chronic cases there is no symptom but the caity is deep and as soon as filling is done the pain starts. In such cases root canal treatment is recommended. If you want to know more about the root canal treatment you can visit the folowing link on or website

Free Dental Consultation