I started amoxicillin yesterday for a bad abscess in #20 but today I have a red v shaped rash going down my neck towards my chest. Its warm to the touch and I am worried it might be sepsis. Should I worry or will I be alright with antibiotics?

Leave Comment


  • Dr.Ritz

    Dr.Ritz 06 - April - 2011, at 19:19 PM

  • You have to visit an Endodontist who after evaluating the case, if possible will do the re-root canal treatment of abscessed tooth. So schedule a visit with an Endodontist who is a Root Canal Specialist.

  • irene

    irene 05 - April - 2011, at 11:52 AM

  • I have, what I think is a gum absess from root canal and an implanted bridge... what type of dentist specialist do I need to see to get this corrected, removed, or simply resolved.

  • Dr.Ritz

    Dr.Ritz 26 - March - 2011, at 08:48 AM

  • You must have taken antibiotics with prescription from dentist. You can wait and watch for some time as antibiotics start working around 3rd day when optimum level of antibiotic is in the blood. But if the rash is increasing and then it is better you consult your dentist as it is difficult to comment on rash without clinical exam. If you are really worried and cannot reach dentist then you can go to ER.

Free Dental Consultation