I had a pimple like bump on my gums and it fill up with pus every one day it went away and but the tooth still hurts sometimes. I want to get someone to look at it but I don't have dental covered and I'm not in a position where i can pay for it now either. do u know what I can do?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 17 - October - 2011, at 01:11 AM

• Bump on gums can be because of gingival abscess or can be because of some irritant on the gums which can cause pimple like gums or can be because of infected tooth present. Gingival abscess occurs because of some sharp food impaction or can occur because of deposits around the teeth. To avoid pain and soreness for gingival abscess, it is important that you brush and floss regularly to avoid any deposits on the teeth. You can do warm saline rinses for some relief. Dental cleaning and root planning is also required at times in case of gingival abscess.  Bump on gums can also appear due to infected tooth. Infection from the tooth can spread to gums and can cause bump on gums. Root canal treatment is required for infected tooth.  Without clinical examination, it is difficult to give definite diagnosis. You have to refer to your dentist for getting it diagnosed and treated. If you don’t have much money, then you can approach any of the dental schools where treatment provided is cheap. For more info on gingival abscess, you can refer to following article... http://www.identalhub.com/dental-causes-symptoms-and-treatment-of-gum-abscess-900.aspx

Free Dental Consultation