Shooting pain in lower right tooth it's localized to one tooth no swelling at all just very receded gums pain is starting to run up jaw line towards ear I am allergic to all antibiotics and can not take them what can I do cause dentists never believe me and refuse to do anything for my teeth unless I take one but I medically cant and I cant afford to go to a doctor to get a note saying I am so noone will ever help me my teeth were perfect until I had kids my three pregnancies destroyed my teeth what can i do to get rid of the pain

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 21 - September - 2011, at 02:09 AM

• Shooting pain localized to one tooth can be because of infection in relation to the tooth. Acute alveolar abscess can cause severe tooth pain. In case of acute alveolar abscess, severe throbbing pain is present and tooth is tender to percussion. For the treatment of acute alveolar abscess, drainage of pus is required. Root canal treatment is done to save the abscessed tooth. Pain will not go until the drainage of abscess is done. In case of abscessed tooth, mostly antibiotics and pain meds are given to the patient first and then the treatment is done.  If you are allergic to antibiotics, then you can talk to your dentist about this. For the time being, you can do warm saline rinses for some relief and can keep a clove over the infected tooth. Gum recession occurs due to traumatic bite, forceful brushing or can be because of poor oral hygiene. Gum recession is an irreversible process. To avoid gum recession, you have to maintain good oral hygiene. If there is traumatic bite present, then you need to get it corrected from the dentist and if you brush too forcefully, then you have to stop that. Gum grafting surgery can be done for gum recession. If there is sensitivity due to receded gums, then you can use desensitizing tooth paste for it or can get it restored. To have healthy teeth, you have to maintain good oral hygiene by brushing and flossing regularly. For more info on abscessed tooth, you can refer to the following article…  http://www.identalhub.com/article_understanding-abscessed-tooth-204.aspx

Free Dental Consultation