need to knoww if i have a bridge on my lower back molars, is it safe to fit a bridge on my upper opposite molars, creating direct contact/ bridge to bidge

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 18 - October - 2011, at 02:40 AM

• Yes you can get dental bridge for both upper and the lower back molars. There will be no problem if there is dental bridge in both upper and the lower arch. Dentist will adjust the bite accordingly so that there is no problem. If both upper and lower dental bridge are given, then preferably they should be given of same material. If you have lower bridge of porcelain fused to metal, then you can get upper bridge of either PFM or all ceramic and if you have lower bridge of all ceramic, then prefarably upper bridge should be of all ceramic or all porcelain. If there is some missing tooth present, then it can be replaced with dental implants too. Dental implants are the best option for replacement of missing tooth. In case of dental bridge, the adjacent teeth are also grinded so dental implants are best option for replacement of missing teeth. Still if you want dental bridge, then you can get one. There will be no problem.For more info on how do bridges work, you can refer to following article..  http://www.identalhub.com/article_how-do-bridges-work-225.aspx

Free Dental Consultation