Dear Dr i got problem with my end tooth,so that i have to extract it very soon. but i am planning to replace it with implant tooth. but the problem is i can not do it now. i need time to do for implant. the question is, how long (maximum time) i have time to do implant after extraction my tooth so that my gum still can accept implant? i mean before the reducing my gum. thanks in advance i am looking forward to hearing from you mojgan

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 10 - June - 2011, at 10:29 AM

• With end tooth if you mean the wisdom tooth then there is no need for the replacement as the end tooth does not help in chewing and most of the time it is pulled out. If it is the second molar then it has to be replaced. It is always better to get the implant at the time of extraction only but if you have to get it later then the time for the implant to get varies. It depends upon the amount of bone loss and the systemic condition of the patient. It also depends upon the type of extraction and the condition of the gums at the time of extraction. For more info on dental implant you can visit the following link....www.identalhub.com/dental-what-can-be-dental-implant-problems-559.aspx

Free Dental Consultation