On May 2009 I had a root canal done in WA.
Later on I had a crown over it.
Recently I had a cleaning and X rays and I was told I had a shadow at the end of the root canal indicating an infection.
(I was told the old root canal didn't get to the end of the molar).
I was seen by an endodontist and he suggested I do another root canal to fix it and take care of the infection.
Is it possible after 2 years w/o any problems, pain or swelling?
Should I wait or have done right away?
What would happen if I wait?