i recently noticed that i have silver at the base of my tooth, close to the gums, however there is no filling, or any work that has ever been done there. there is also what looks like the same problem, however it is between two other teeth. what has happened? i have never had any work done, with the exception of cavities as a kid, and my wisdom teeth pulled 15 years ago. thank you.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 31 - March - 2011, at 20:26 PM

• Silver cannot be there in the teeth if you have not got any filling done. May be as a child when you get the fillings done, there where done on adult teeth and they are still staying. If can be staining or he black discoloration which looks like silver. If you are certain that it is silver only and no deposits then surely it is because of the previous silver filling. You can go to dentist and get it checked that it is previous silver filling or some deposit. This is easily taken care in 6 montly routine dental checkups. For more info on dental filings you can read this article... www.identalhub.com/dental-how-mercury-is-used-in-dental-fillings--641.aspx

Free Dental Consultation