I haven't brushed my teeth in a while because my parents got divorced so we couldn't afford a toothbrush. I ate a spicy burrito and in the morning I had painful bumps all over the tip of my tounge.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 16 - January - 2012, at 02:22 AM

• Painful bumps on tongue can be canker sores. Stress, Poor oral hygiene and eating too spicy foods can precipitate canker sores. Canker sores are self limiting and heal on its own in 7-10 days. For some pain relief, you can apply orajel over canker sore. Intake of multivitamins may facilitate the healing of painful sores. You can also do warm saline rinses to avoid any secondary infections. Avoid eating spicy foods which will aggravate the pain. You can also take otc pain med for some pain relief. To have healthy teeth and gums and to avoid oral infections, it is important that you maintain good oral hygiene. It is important to brush twice and floss. If painful bumps persist for more than 2 weeks, then you can visit a dentist for evaluation.  For more info on canker sores, refer to….    http://www.identalhub.com/article_canker-sore-234.aspx

Free Dental Consultation