hello doctor, i am 25 yeear old and my teeth are not straight and they are coming outward that's why i am not able close my lips.

Leave Comment

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 16 - October - 2011, at 23:41 PM

• You are not able to close your lips because of protruding teeth. You need to get treatment done to correct the alignment of teeth. Braces treatment can be done for alignment of teeth. Braces treatment is given for duration of 18-24 months depending on the age of the patient and amount of mis-alignment which is present.  You can opt for metallic or can get ceramic braces for correcting the alignment of teeth. If you don’t want to have metallic teeth, then you can opt for invisaligns which are tooth colored removable aligners. If the misalignment is small, then it can also be corrected with cosmetic procedures like bonding, lumineers, veneers or dental crowns. Cosmetic procedures are faster as compared to the braces treatment. You can discuss about these options with your dentist. You need to get treatment done for your teeth if they are not straight. Teeth may be moving outwards because of some habit like lip biting, thumb sucking or mouth breathing. If that is the case, then you have to stop this. Habit breaking appliance will also be given to you in case of some habit causing protrusion of teeth.  For more info on straightening options for adult teeth, you can refer to following article…  http://www.identalhub.com/dental-straightening-options-for-adult-teeth-549.aspx

Free Dental Consultation