I have a small bump tha is sensitive to the touch on my upper left side of my lip. I've had the bump for a few days and the left side of my life became swollen last night into today. I researched canker sores and cold sores and it does seem of be either of them. I don't have any visible blisters or sores. Just a small bump on my upper lip a little below my left nostril and the swelling of the left side of my upper lip. what you tell me what this is and how to treat it?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 31 - May - 2010, at 19:41 PM

• It looks like that bump in your lip with swelling and pain is in relation to some infected tooth because in canker or cold sores, you have ulceration but you have written that you donot have that. There can be some infection in your front left tooth, which can be because of tooth decay or some trauma. The tooth becomes non vital and peri apical infection is there which causes swelling and pain. Without clinical examinatin and xray, it is not possible to give definite diagnosis. You should visit your dentist and get it checked. Your dentist will take a pano and do clinical exam and if tooth is infected, you may need Root Canal Treatment. For more info on Root Canal Treatment, you can read the following article in our website.... www.identalhub.com/article_why-is-root-canal-treatment-rct-required-299.aspx

Free Dental Consultation