i had an accident almost 12 yrs back whenmy teeth became mobile so splinting was done.i have a bridge over my is molar on left lower side. i am 24 yrs of age now and have been told that i have a open bite and cross bite on right side.and my 2 preemolars are missing from lower jaw.kindly advice me for the tratment plan.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 22 - September - 2011, at 04:11 AM

• Open bite and cross bite can be treated by braces treatment or invisaligns which are clear aligners.  In case of dental bridges, there are multiple joined teeth present and they may not move well with braces treatment. If the bridged teeth are also to be moved, then orthodontist may have to section or have to remove the bridge. If there are missing teeth present, then the remaining space can be adjusted with the braces treatment.  Braces treatment will be given for time period of 18-24 months depending on the amount of misalignment present. You can opt for metallic braces or can get cosmetic braces for it. If you don’t want metallic teeth, then you can opt for invisaligns. Without clinical examination, it is difficult to give exact treatment plan. You have to refer to an orthodontist for this. For more info on fixing cross bite, you can refer to the following article….  http://www.identalhub.com/dental-how-to-fix-cross-bite-in-adults-with-braces-749.aspx

Free Dental Consultation