Dear sir/madam I have my upper line of teeth a bit dis-balanced. I gives me a very bad look when I smile. my parents doesn't allow me to fix them up as once we consulted a doctor and he told us a very long process of removal of one tooth and then putting braces. What can be done? and also what will be the total cost.

Leave Comment

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 26 - November - 2011, at 04:31 AM

• If teeth are misaligned, then braces can be given to correct the alignment of teeth. If there is crowding of dental arch present, then tooth extraction is required for braces treatment. Wisdom teeth and or bicuspids are mostly removed for braces treatment. You can get metallic, ceramic or lingual dental braces to correct the alignment of teeth. If you don’t want to have metallic teeth, then you can opt for invisaligns which are clear, removable aligners. Duration of braces treatment or invisaligns is 18-24 months depending on your age and amount of malocclusion which is present. If there is slight misalignment present, then selective grinding, tooth bonding, composite procedures such as dental lumineers, veneers or dental crowns can also be given to correct the alignment of teeth. Cosmetic procedures are faster as compared to braces treatment. You can refer to an orthodontist and can discuss various treatment options which are possible. If there is severe misalignment, then dental braces would be the best option. Cost of dental braces in U.S is $5000 and invisaligns will be a bit more expensive than braces. You can browse on net to know about cost of braces and other treatment at your place. For more info on teeth straightening options, refer to…

Free Dental Consultation