This is a follow-up post to my original question. I had a root canal performed on my front bottom tooth (#25, I believe), due to an abscess caused my a trauma. The pain before the root canal was an intense throbbing that radiated throughout all my front teeth. The root canal was performed 4 days ago with a temporary filling placed. However, the tooth is still throbbing. The pain has subsided from the original intensity and become more localized, no more radiating pain, but the throbbing is still consistent day-to-day with an occasional tinge of sharp pain. The pain is very manageable with about 800 mg of ibuprofen a day, but I don't want to do this forever. I am concerned that something was missed and I everything I find online indicates, that I should be feeling better by now. My endodontist is out of town, but he performed the root canal microscopically, so it would be strange if he missed something. Do I just keep waiting and hope it gets better? Should I call my general dentist? I am so sick of this throbbing pain all day long. Thank You, Natalie

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 30 - May - 2011, at 11:07 AM

• Give some more time to the tooth to settle down as some times when the infection is more the tooth takes more time to heal hence the throbbing pain is there. If the pain is not increasing and it has reduced than before then you do not have to worry. Do not irritate it and do not try to bite with it. maintain good oral hygeine and give 2 to 3 more days to settle down and healing to take place. For more info  root canal treatment you can visit the following link...www.identalhub.com/articlecategory-root-canal-therapy-17.aspx

Free Dental Consultation