I went to my dentist last month and had this issue looked at. A wisdom tooth had pushed in and pushed my already close knit teeth together. The issue being my canine was already at an odd angle and when forced further together chipped both the canine and the incisor in front of it. The exposure alone is uncomfortable not to mention the "hole" is widening. The dentist said due to the canine being hooked he feared pulling it and breaking it so he wanted me to see a dental surgeon who informed me the procedure would cost 600, which is like a half a months salary and I don't have insurance. He offered to cap the gap for 4,000 which is outrageous as well in my opinion. Anyway I was considering using Epoxy, over the counter stuff, since dentists use crystal glaze epoxy so would the general store stuff be terribly bad to use? I seriously don't have any money or resources at the moment to fix this issue otherwise.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 09 - January - 2012, at 00:57 AM

• If canine and incisor is chipped off, then you need to get it restored. DIY dentistry may seem to be a good alternative than visiting a dentist and getting treatment done but it may result in visiting a dentist on more urgent basis. It is usually a temporary measure and may result in deterioration of oral health. If a small portion of canine is chipped off, then tooth can be restored with filling and if pulp of the tooth is also exposed, then root canal treatment followed by dental crown can be given for the tooth. If tooth is badly mutilated, then root canal treatment followed by post and core procedure and dental crown can be given for the tooth. If tooth is unrestorable and has poor prognosis, then extraction followed by replacement of tooth with dental implants or dental bridge can be done. If wisdom tooth is causing problem, then it can be pulled out. Wisdom tooth doesn’t aid in mastication and is more susceptible to infections. If it causes problem, then it can be removed. If you don’t have money, then you can visit a dental school for treatment or can talk to your dentist if you can pay in installments for treatment. It would be better to get treatment done from a dentist instead of self-treatment. By the time, you visit your dentist, avoid eating from that side of the mouth and maintain good oral hygiene to avoid any secondary infections. For more info on wisdom teeth, refer to…..     http://www.identalhub.com/dental-knowing-all-about-wisdom-teeth-719.aspx

Free Dental Consultation